segunda-feira, 4 de junho de 2007



BUDDY IS SPEAKING: “I left my old home to ramble this country. See, nobody in our family had ever been off the farm where we lived. Never even thought about it. But Pa knew farm life was running down, and no future for me. ‘ Course, he and MA had never been off the farm either, so they really didn’t Hnow what was out there even a mile away, let alone in the big country. ’Son, don’t go astray, ‘ Was that they both told me. ‘ was what they both told me. ‘ Remember that love for God can be found.’ The railroad ran right by the farm. I just got my suitcase in my hand, walked across the tracks, caught me the end of an old freight train, and never did look back. If only I could Write, I could send a message back there, if only they could read.”


‘Suitcase un My Hand’
por Ry Cooder em “My Name Is Buddy”

Sem comentários: